- One new country/territory/area (European Region ) has reported cases of COVID-19.
- Data presented in the COVID-19 Situation Reports has changed to reflect data reported as of 00:00 CET. As this is the first Situation Report with the new reporting period, there is overlap of data between Situation Report 57 and this report, thus the number of new cases may not equal the difference between total cases in the two reports.
- WHO COVID-19 Situation Reports present official counts of confirmed COVID19 cases, thus differences between WHO reports and other sources of COVID19 data using different inclusion criteria and different data cutoff times are to be expected.
- WHO, IFRC, and UNICEF jointly released the Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) Action Plan Guidance for COVID-19 on 16 March. For more information, please see the Subject in Focus section below.
SITUATION IN NUMBERS total (new) cases in last 24 hours
- Globally 191 127 confirmed (15 123) 7807 deaths (786)
- Western Pacific Region 91 845 confirmed (312) 3357 deaths (23)
- European Region 74 760 confirmed (10 911) 3352 deaths (604)
- South-East Asia Region 538 confirmed (63) 9 deaths (1)
- Eastern Mediterranean Region 18 060 confirmed (1552) 1010 deaths (140)
- Regions of the Americas 4979 confirmed (2243) 68 deaths (18)
- African Region 233 confirmed (42) 4 deaths (0)
WHO RISK ASSESSMENT – Global Level Very High