A patient has died and thousands of people have fallen ill after coming into contact with contaminated water.
The victim was taken to hospital with gastrointestinal symptoms on the island of Askoey in southern Norway and later died.
Health spokesman Erik Vigander said campylobacter was found in the patient’s system.
It is the same bacteria identified in other people who have been struck down by illness since E.coli was reportedly found in a reservoir that supplied drinking water for the island.
Source: Sky News