US troops deploying to the Middle East told to leave personal devices at home


Amid growing tensions with Iran, the US deployed emergency troops to the Middle East last week.

Before being sent overseas, paratroopers part of the US Army 82nd Airborne Division were told to leave personal devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops at home, according to CNN Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr, citing US Army Maj. Gen. James Mingus.

The primary concern was that poor operational security (OpSec) practices might put soldiers in danger and expose military operations, US Army 82nd Airborne Division officials told the Army Times last Monday.

Read more…
Source: ZDNet