Turkish interior minister says Diyarbakir blast was terrorist attack


An explosion at a police compound in the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir that killed three people was the result of a terrorist attack, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said on Wednesday.

Officials had previously said that Tuesday’s blast in the biggest city in the mainly Kurdish southeast appeared to have been triggered during the repair of an armored vehicle.

But Soylu said it had been launched via a tunnel dug beneath the compound. The death toll from the attack has risen to three from an initial one, hospital sources said on Wednesday.

Read more…

Source: Reuters.