Salford chemical incident: Residents told to keep windows and doors shut as firefighters battle ammonia leak overnight


Fire crews have spent the night battling a chemical leak in Salford.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service declared a hazmat incident at a cash and carry in Langley Road South, following an ammonia leak.

A number of roads around the site, including Langley Road South, were closed by police.

People living nearby were advised to keep their doors and windows closed.

Large amounts of ammonia in the air can lead to skin irritation and breathing difficulties.

The fire service announced that crews had been able to isolate the leak and make the area safe, just after 6am.

Read more…
Source: Manchester Evening News